Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Dina + Apen: Married! (Colorado Wedding Photography)

Some of you know that this is my first season as a second shooter for the super-talented Gino Siller. I'm still a little surprised that I get to do this pretty much every weekend for the summer. Big thanks to Gino for letting me shoot with him, and for gracing me with his lyrical singing voice on the way up the mountain. :)

Since most of you are used to seeing mainly animal shots on here, I'll get you warmed up with the groom and his dog Buster, enjoying their last moments as bachelors.




And the bachelor snuggling on up to the bride's best friend:





Really though, Dina and Alpen were so laid-back, so kind and genuine. The wind was blowing and it threatened to rain several times, but from setting up the table cloths in gusty wind to driving an automatic transmission for the first time to her mother's house (where the electricity and water had gone out earlier in the day), Dina was a study in calmness.

I guess I'll stop talking, and post some photos now. I'm still nervous from shooting my first wedding of the season, if you couldn't tell. :)





















This is probably my favorite shot that I took all day:











This band, The Last Minute String Band, gets a big OH HECK YES from me. I could have stayed there all night if they'd kept playing.






That's all ... I hope you enjoyed my first wedding blog post. I have a feeling I'm going to learn a lot this summer, which means plenty of mistakes, so stay tuned! Thanks for stopping by and taking a look. Any feedback is most welcomed!



No comments:

Post a Comment